![]() |
| Salzburg (Mozarthaus - St. Gilgen am Wolfgangsee) Birthplace of Mozart's mother |
Though Salzburg is not part of Bavaria, it is still included in the Bayern ticket so do make use of the opportunity to visit. Salzburg is the birth place of Mozart, and the recording of the film 'Sound of Music'. This is why tourism is the number 1 revenue for that city.
I've exhausted almost all of Munich's places of interest and even visited off the beaten tracks of attractions that only locals go, one of which includes Westpark and the Old South Cemetery which is now turned into a small quiet park.
![]() |
| Locals playing badminton in the autumn sun at Westpark |
![]() |
| Restoration works at the Old South Cemetry to preserve the historical tombs |
Most people know Munich by their beer and Oktoberfest, but the event would not be possible without its people.
![]() |
| Photobomb by locals on a high - with Shawn |
![]() |
| Shawn with his 1 liter beer |
Literally payed a visit to Schloss Neuschwanstein with a DB ticket,
![]() |
| Schloss Neuschwanstein - Inspiration for Disneyland's castle |
![]() |
| Me, at Schloss Neuschwanstein |
![]() |
| Zugspitze - Top of Germany |
More of these places of interest will hopefully be shared more into detail if time permits(fingers crossed).
Munich is pretty different from Singapore for obvious reasons.
![]() |
| Trams are an essential mode of transport around Munich |
![]() |
| Cycling is extremely common, with a pavement specially for cyclist |
Cyclist can be pretty rude if you cross their pavement, so remember to stay clear of it.
![]() |
| A cyclist at the Olympiapark |
Dogs are a pretty common sight here in Munich. Dogs are allowed onto trains, buses and even most shops. I understand from a local that you can get certain tax exemption from owning a pet dog.
Oh and I forgot to mention, the dogs here are very well trained. I am normally afraid of dogs, but I've since let my guard down against them (even with my fingers within biting range).
Munich has indeed gave me an enjoyable time thus far, but none of that experience (with the exception of Zugspitze) can be compared to Circus Roncalli. The visit to Circus Roncalli was an exuberating experience. It was a feeling of fondness, warmth and familiarity.
Oh and I forgot to mention, the dogs here are very well trained. I am normally afraid of dogs, but I've since let my guard down against them (even with my fingers within biting range).
Munich has indeed gave me an enjoyable time thus far, but none of that experience (with the exception of Zugspitze) can be compared to Circus Roncalli. The visit to Circus Roncalli was an exuberating experience. It was a feeling of fondness, warmth and familiarity.
![]() |
| A circus clown offering little Shawn some sweets |
![]() |
| Performers saying their goodbyes |
I would definitely recommend paying a visit to any circus here even if small parts of the performance are spoken in German (not necessary to understand German to enjoy the show). At the end of the circus, its almost as if I was dragged out of the fairytale dream back into the real world. It was indeed a feeling of great reluctance, not wanting the show to end. Really love and enjoyed the performance put up by the clowns.
Now I'm just really excited because tomorrow I'll be going Prague!
Till then...
Auf Wiedersehen
Till then...
Auf Wiedersehen













No comments:
Post a Comment