I found out that Morton's is a really good place to celebrate birthdays, and since Shawn's birthday was just round the corner, I decided to make a reservation there.
I was impressed by the mannerism of the staff that took my reservation over the phone. He was patient and even explained the menu out to me.
On the day of the reservation, a staff from Morton's called to remind me about the time as well as to inform me of a roadblock due to the National Day Parade celebrations. I was wowed by them even before I visited.
When Shawn and I arrived at Morton's, the man donned in a suit greeted us and wished Shawn "happy birthday". He was even more surprised to find his name printed on the menu. The table was also nicely decorated with "sparkles". A lady named Ida then introduced herself as our designated waitress and explained the menu before us.
We were served a huge complimentary onion bread and a generous slap of butter. The bread, about the size of two fists put together, had a tinge of onion which wasn't overwhelming and was crispy on the outside and soft in the inside.
I inquired about the Steak & Seafood Menu ($108++) which wasn't inside their regular menu. Ida recommended that we order 1 Steak & Seafood Menu as the portions for the sides are huge. She said we could "upsize" the fillet mignon and share.
Morton's Salad ($23), served with blue cheese dressing.
This portion that you see was already halved. The blue cheese dressing in my opinion was done just right. You could change this salad to their Baked Five Onion Soup ($28.50) by topping up $5.
According to Shawn, this medium steak was out of this world. The top and bottom were slightly crisp and has a juicy pink center. Overall, the steak was firm and tender.
The shrimps were quite large, but personally, I feel the sauce lack a punch.
In the background, Homemade Mashed Potatoes ($24) served with butter, sour cream and bacon bits. I feel their mashed potatoes were not so great as what others have said. It was still alittle grainy after mixing with the butter n sour cream.
Finally the highlight of the night!
Morton's The Steakhouse serves a complimentary birthday cheese cake ($24) which I changed to Morton's Legendary Hot Chocolate Cake ($30). Ida came over with the birthday cake and sang a birthday song to a much surprised Shawn. Another staff from Morton's took a picture for us using their camera for a birthday card.
Morton's Legendary Hot Chocolate Cake is the best hot chocolate lava cake I've ever eaten. Served with a creamy scope of vanilla ice cream, I can't begin to describe how well this decadent scope of ice cream goes together with the hot chocolate cake. Simply a must try!
Morton's The Steakhouse serves a complimentary birthday cheese cake ($24) which I changed to Morton's Legendary Hot Chocolate Cake ($30). Ida came over with the birthday cake and sang a birthday song to a much surprised Shawn. Another staff from Morton's took a picture for us using their camera for a birthday card.
Morton's Legendary Hot Chocolate Cake is the best hot chocolate lava cake I've ever eaten. Served with a creamy scope of vanilla ice cream, I can't begin to describe how well this decadent scope of ice cream goes together with the hot chocolate cake. Simply a must try!
At the end of our dining, Morton's staff came over to present the birthday card to Shawn.
It was handwritten with the freshly printed photograph that they just took. According to Shawn, this was one of his best night of his life.
It was handwritten with the freshly printed photograph that they just took. According to Shawn, this was one of his best night of his life.
At Morton's, the dress code (no slippers and shorts) is not as strict as I thought. People came dressed in t-shirts and there were also lots of families who brought their little toddlers along.
This was also the first restaurant that I find almost every table requesting the staff for a picture to be taken, and as the restaurant is relatively dim, camera flashes will occasionally go off in the background.
Morton's also serve really huge sides, and there would be leftovers which they would recommend taking away.
Morton's The Steakhouse gave Shawn and I the most satisfying experience we ever had at a restaurant.
I would definitely visit them again, or according to Shawn, "something worth saving up for".
Morton’s The Steakhouse Restaurant
5 Raffles Avenue
4F Mandarin Oriental Singapore
Tel: +65 6339 3740
Mon to Sat: 5.30pm – 11 pm
Sun: 5pm – 10pm








No comments:
Post a Comment